* Shop names are so important and personal; where did you get yours from? ~ I was going for a mixture of the rustic and the tragic heroines I associate with gothic romance novels. I was newly widowed at the time and had a 'sympathy' with these gothic heroines.
* Where do you find that you get your inspiration from? ~ It depends on my mood or what is going on in my life. I don't have anything specific, just a 'feeling' I wish to put into art. Occasionally though I will do a series...just for the sake of doing it [though] there are also times when the 'inspiration' doesn't want to come forth.
* How do you keep up your motivation? ~ My art has been a therapy of sorts. It is what helped (and continues to) get me through the loss of my husband. Now it is also how I pay my bills (or not).
* Do you see you art and shop as a reflection of yourself; your soul? ~ Very much so. I have pretty much laid out everything there is to know about me in my art. I always feel my shop isn't exactly what I want it to be...and it continues to be a 'work in progress'.
* Where has this artistic journey taken you so far? ~ I live to create and I create to live. I can't really remember a time in my life when I didn't feel the 'need' to create something.
* Does Art enhance your life? ~ It is a huge part of my life....I wouldn't be who I am without it.
* How important is feedback to you? ~ I haven't really thought much about it.
* Are you a member of any teams on Etsy - does this help?
I am a member of:
Etsy Dark Side
Etsy Ugly Cute
I'm not as active as many others on these teams..though my intentions were good in the beginning. I've had so many distractions over the years...that I'm not fully taking the positive advantages I might receive from the teams if I were able to be more involved.
* Dogs or Cats? ~ Dogs. The new 'love' in my life is my puppy. My grandson didn't like me spending so much time alone, so he bought me a Yorkshire Terrier/ Maltese mix puppy. She really is very 'active' and somewhat mischievous...so I named her..Skittles. I do love her so much and she brings a lot of laughter and joy to my life.
Please tell us what your favourite piece is called in the comment boxBlog
Further Places to find Rustic Goth :)
Fine Art America