Let's met her >
* What is your name and where do you come from?My name is Irina. I was born in Barcelona but I have been living in the west coast of Ireland for about 12 years.
* Shop names are so important and personal; where did you get yours from?
My shop takes its name from my blog, which I started 3 years ago. It is Catalan for The Little Workshop, as this is how I felt it best described my working space at the time.
* Where do you find that you get your inspiration from?
I get inspiration from other blogs, magazines, shops, people, travelling .. from anywhere really.
* How do you keep up your motivation?
I switch from one area to another to keep up motivated. I try to organise myself in a way where I can keep interested in what I'm doing, including resting periods. For example I'll give myself a week to work on a set number of bags, another week to work on baby blankets, etc. then I'll have a rest for a couple of days before going back to do some more on a different area. I always try to rotate work and in between there's always space for custom orders.
* Does Art enhance your life?
Yes, in different ways by its many forms. I love music, playing music and listening to it is a big thing at home.
* Can we have one pearl of wisdom you have learnt along the way?
I think it is very important to take care of every detail from start to end. Take your time in choosing the right material, take good care of presentation and keep up high standards. Always take a bit of extra time and effort to wrap your item nicely and personalise it with your own touch before it reaches its new owner.
* Are you a member of any teams on Etsy - does this help?
I joined a few groups but the ones I've found more helpful are the Etsy Ireland Team and the Etsy Site Help.
* How do you feel about your life right now?
Very full, very busy... but I love it.
Irina and her cute boy >>
All the links you need to keep up to date with Irina and her work (do check her out, you'll be impressed)