I've been poorly over the last two weeks but even though I have tried to hide it from everyone, they knew. It's been a trip back to my most hellish days of depression where I have seen now way out but the worse one ; that permanent solution to a temporary state of mind. BUT now - though still in a very fragile way - I can see plenty to be most grateful for :-)
* My husband ~ our love and our team work. We truly are a wee tiny gang and together we can do anything
* Maggie who brings such life and joy to my life. Completely unconditionally- she just loves and teaches the importance of living in the now.
* My closest friends ~ how I thank you for your love and the effort that you put into our relationships. I feel like I have my core people right now and I could not be more grateful!
* The allotment ~ I felt happiness, pride, soul connection and lightness of being this weekend. I really got in touch with nature; felt the sun on my back, bathed in the thunderous rain. I encountered so much wild life, got rid of rubbish, harvested delicious food, spoke to fellow plotters etc. I left with the sunset; scratched, sore muddy and exhausted. All with a smile on my face and happy right to my bones :-)
* Good drinks ~ haha, this one sounds so silly but it's true.
I appreciated the 2 gorgeous coffees at my friends' restaurant,they do the best! Those beers we had at the allotment when it was so hot; the pink lemonade at home when we returned. The copious amounts of water I drank and that posh lemon water had during our picnic... I could go on but basically I am grateful for fluids all around, within easy reach, especially when it's so warm ~ there are so many in this world who can't get enough or any that is clean.
So banish those Monday blues and think of 5 little pleasures that were are part of your life this weekend and share them here..
A Movement of Appreciation has begun...