I am honoured to have been picked to take part in the Liebster Award (aka the nosey parker interviewer tag game) by a much loved blogger, Aoife of KimDot. She has come up with some devilishly hard questions in order to make me share more of myself and I guess as I love to ask nosey questions of others so much it's only fair that I play along.
The point of the Award is to tag 11 bloggers who have 200 followers or less and ask them 11 questions you make up yourself. But I'm a complete rebel and am not playing by those rules, instead I am using this as the introduction to a whole new series of my 'Sweet Etsy Goodness'. I've been stuck for a little while now with this blog but recently there's been a need to get back into the habit of sharing my work, my inspirations and giving others a little stage to perform on, so this is perfect. Thanks Aoife! x
So here we go...
My Q&A with Aoife...
1. What were your reasons to start blogging?
My primary blog 'Grow Our Own' is all about my hubby and I owning an allotment and growing our own vegetables. I started it way back in August '08 when I found that trying to keep a journal of all that was going on was just too laborious and to be honest, boring. Blogging is an instant, dynamic record in both words and photographs of what I have been doing, feeling, planning etc. It also allows me to link into other websites and blogs for inspiration and advice and as I have found, slowly and surely, to make some great friends.
2. What's the most sentimental item you own?
I have a few things that are on the same par as each other for different reasons such as:
A letter from my Grandmother......and.... a bookcase that my Grandfather made.
3. Your most favourite way to spend a comfy evening
Curled up on the sofa with my blanket, hubby, dog, tv (preferably a good movie), curtains drawn and a glass of red wine (or whiskey)
4. What's the best experience you've had that you wish you could replay over and over?
Ahh, how can I choose between these two:
Being in the Japanese Temple (Chion In) I had wanted to visit since I was 15 and at the very moment when the monks were praying.
That moment when my sweetheart got down on one knee....
5. If you could transition one fictional character from their story into real life who would it be?
None of them. I'm far too selfish and love my characters to stay in the books I've found them in, where I'll always be able to find them. Books are magical to me and a door to another world far from this one; to bring a character into real life would be to share them with the world and well no, they're mine.
6. What's the one beauty product you can't live without but you wish you could?
Hair Dye. I've been going grey since I was a teenager and I do not like it! Arrghh. Plus my natural colour is what you could call mousey brown (or blurgh) and definitely sucks out any snazziness I may have.
7. Where do you wish to be in 10 years time?
I never think that far ahead; I really do try to live in the present moment. I just hope that my hubby and I are still happy and healthy, living in a home we love with a cutie pie dog or two.
8. What's something that didn't go as planned at the time but you can now look back on and laugh?
A great deal of my life hasn't gone to plan and it still hurts a hell of a lot, hence the fact that I have worked hard to live in the moment ever since.
9. If you could trade lives with one blogger for a week who would it be?
I do love the creative and interesting lives of the girls from A Beautiful Mess. I think I would like to swap with Elsie for a week (Emma has kids and I don't think I could cope!) and be surrounded by super cool people, owning a funky shop, designing clothes and accessories and basically being awesome in the American sun.
10. What's your most loved piece of clothing?
My Wedding dress and 'going away' dress are a tie. They embody different sides of my personality and remind of a truly beautiful space in time.
11. What's your biggest, most cringe-worthy guilty pleasure?Well I am not just about to give that away! But I do have a adoration of this song (and dancing like an eejit when alone) and that is pretty cringe worthy, I suppose..
Namaste friends and if you wish to be a part of 'Sweet Etsy Goodness', drop me an e-mail ;)